This is MKG CLE's signature class, which forms the foundation for all of our other classes. By using the MKG Method to blend several highly effective martial arts, we have created a very well rounded and functional art that can be taught to anyone. In our JKDC class you will learn techniques, strategies and principles from the following arts...
Jeet Kune Do / Jun Fan Martial Arts:
- The Martial Art and Philosophy developed by the late Bruce Lee. Noted for its Efficient and Effective techniques!
Muay Thai Kickboxing:
- The art of the 8 Limbs (Kicks, Punches, Knees & Elbows).
- Noted for its development of Power and Endurance!
- Much more than just learning how to fight with, and defend against melee weaponry.
- Noted for its development of Coordination, Timing, & Rhythm!
- The empty hand system that accompanies Kali which is also know as "Dirty Boxing."
- Noted for it's Unique Strikes, and ability to hit from various angles!
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Combat Submission Wrestling:
- Learning how to keep yourself safe on the ground along with how to control/submit an opponent.
- Noted for its use of Technique and Leverage!
The ultimate goal of our JKDC class is to provide the student with all the tools they need to confidently defend themselves, all while getting a great full body work out and having fun at the same time.
Additionally it allows the student to use the martial arts as a form of personal expression. Not all techniques in a style work for everyone. We all have different body types, attributes, strengths and weaknesses. The MKG Method allows the individual to not be bound by the rigid dogma of one particular style. It allows them to discover what works best for them and their given attribute sets!
Our JKDC class is open to students of all skill and fitness levels. Classes are fun, functional and safe!